Thursday, January 31, 2019

"'TIL THE RIVER RUNS DRY"

These past few weeks have been rough ones. The ending of a year; the beginning of a new one. Many of my friends involved with the Cryptid Community have had reasons to look at what they're involved in and why they bother.

I won't name you. You will know who you are. This post is for you.

To tell you it is worth it. 

The work you do is important.

Take a rest. Take a moment to collect your thoughts; to calm your emotions; to gather your passions and continue on.

The nay-sayers, the ones who insult you, belittle you and your work, who threaten your lives -- they are the nobodies.

The ones who don't matter. 

And they will attack whatever isn't of their creation or opinion, or belief, or reality. Many of them are jealous. Most of them know they don't have what it takes to achieve anything near what you have.


So, read through the lyrics of this Garth Brooks song : The River.  
And if you wish, listen to him sing it. And hug it tight to you as you continue.


You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin' as it flows
And a dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores


And I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry


Too many times we stand aside
And let the waters slip away
'Til what we put off 'til tomorrow
It has now become today
So don't you sit upon the shoreline
And say you're satisfied
Choose to chance the rapids
And dare to dance that tide


And I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry


There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
With the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all


And I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry


Lord, I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Yeah


https://youtu.be/a1sSFLFYllY


Nancy

"I'll spark the thought; what you do with it is up to you."

"Those that know, need no further proof. Those that don't, should not demand it from others, but should seek it for themselves."

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nancy! The river here is frozen this time of year. My Bigfoot turned out to be sow Black Bear with three cubs. They gave me a run for my money... ...and I spent almost all summer following her sign. I never once came across a track or a print but everything else left indicated it might be Bigfoot. Never saw so much evidence that without further investigation could have teetered toward Bigfoot. Small trees broken off at the eight, nine foot level, partially eaten wild mushrooms, dug outs under fallen trees, etc. So, glad I was finally able to make a decision though. Watched a cub climb a sappling -- Momma coaxing him, training him to escape and protect himself -- until the sappling snapped and twisted under his weight. I've had a lifetime of Bigfoot encounters as you know. Now I've added several months of Black Bear education to my experience and knowlege.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 💚💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete

CHANGES

  It is with some sadness that this announces the last post from Sasquatch Observations blogsite. But it's not really a good-bye. A grea...